ASHFORD CARBONELL PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Mr C E Williams, 2 Jockeyfields, Ludlow. Shropshire SY8 1PU
Telephone: 01584 874661 Email: email@example.com
The Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held at Ashford Carbonell Village Hall on Tuesday 20th September 2016 at 7.00pm
1. Present: Councillors: Mrs E Marrs(Chairman), Mr G Jones, Mr M Bowden, Mr D Brundrett, Mr N Tilt.
2. Apologies: Nil.
3. Items from Members of the Public: No members of the public present.
4. Declarations of Interest: Mr D Brundrett – Planning Application 16/03808/Ful. Mr N Tilt – Planning Application 16/03808/Ful.
5. To approve the Minutes of the Previous Meeting: The minutes of the meetings dated 13th July 2016 were approved by the council and signed as a correct record by the Chairman.
6. Matters Arising from the Minutes: The Clerk reported that he had been informed by Shropshire County Council that the Horse Chestnut Tree situated on the grass verge by the Village Green behind the Dumblehole road sign has got a disease called Bleeding Canker which is causing the bark cracking and the foliage is being damaged by an insect called Horse Chestnut Leaf Miner and is likely to be felled. The Clerk is to enquire when the felling work is to be undertaken.
7. Chairman’s Communications. The Chairman reported that the next meeting of the Ludlow and Clee Area Local Joint Committee is to be held at Ludlow on Thursday 29th September 2016 commencing 7.00pm which will consider the Health Service in Shropshire.
8. Planning Items:
16/03808/Ful – Erection of single storey rear extension – 9 Ashford Carbonell – No objection.
16/03638/Ful – Erection of two storey extension and first floor extension over existing garage following demolition of existing first floor timber framed extension an external store – Green Acres Huntington Lane Ashford Carbonell- No objection.
16/04052/TCA – To fell 1 Atlantic Red Cedar – Apple Cottage Ashford Carbonell – No objection.
9. Highway/Amenity Items:
Mr D Brundrett will contact the school to enquire when the overgrown hedge running along the highway into the village is scheduled to be cut back.
The Clerk to enquire with Shropshire Council Highways when Ashford Bridge is due for inspection.
The Parish Council considered the issue of speeding through the village and a request for a 30mph speeding limit through the village.
The clerk referred to the Automatic Traffic Counter Data obtained from a survey held in October 2007 and showed average speeds of approximately 32mph which would unlikely vary if undertaken again.
The clerk held a site meeting with Mr I Rutherford Shropshire Council Highways and it was suggested that the Parish Council may wish to consider the provision of a 30mph advisory near to the entrance of the village. The cost of the sign would have to be met by the Parish Council.
It was agreed by the Parish Council to request the provision of the 30mph advisory sign the cost of which would be bourne by the Council and to keep the matter under review.
10. Financial Items:
a) The following accounts were approved for payment:
C E Williams – disbursement – £300
Inland Revenue – Tax – £75
b) The Clerk reported that the external auditors Mazars had certified the accounts for the financial year 2015-16 with
no items to report.
11. Next Meetings: Tuesday 15th November 2016
ASHFORD CARBONELL PARISH COUNCIL