List Of Promises For Auction Saturday 10th November 2012 We have an amazing list! Please keep scrolling down!
1. 1 day’s gardening work or 2 loads of logs – Ashley Ashley Parkes will undertake 1 days gardening (9am – 4pm) or deliver 2 loads of logs in the Ludlow area. Kindly donated by Ashley Parkes, Ludlow.
2. 4 Bottles of Quality New Zealand Wine. 2 Syrah and 2 Sauvignon Blanc – as displayed on night. Kindly donated by Jackie & David Brundrett, Ashford Carbonell.
3.3 Hours Computer Help Peters PC Repair, Caynham. Up to 3 hours computer help, service / training in your own home. Parts not included. Kindly donated by Peter Van Duijvenvoorde ,Caynham, Ludlow.
4. Hampton Court Family Ticket A family ticket – 2 adults and 3 children (children under 5 years free). 1 visit to Hampton Court Castle & Gardens, Herefordshire in 2013.A medieval magnificence in a magical setting. Kindly donated by: Hampton court, Hampton Court Estate, Hope-Under-Dinmore, Leominster.
5. A Christmas Hamper A hamper full of Christmas goodies and treats. Kindly donated by Villagers
6. A day fly fishing on the Teme with John Cobb and a luxurious picnic. A days fly fishing on the Teme above Tenbury-Wells for one rod This is for an experienced rod with own equipment, and would be for about four hours. It could be taken about mid April to the end of May 2013 dependant on the river condition and the availability of your host. You will be guided and driven to at least three stretches of the river. A champagne and smoked salmon pic-nic on the river bank for you and a guest, or if wet at Ashford Carbonell. Your guest will be transported to the picnic from Ashford Carbonell.Will need current N.R.A. licence. Kindly donated by: John & Annie Cobb, Ashford Carbonell.
7. Half Day’s Wood Chipping by David and Jackie Brundrett. Electric garden shredder/chipper, brought to your garden. Takes up to 1” wood. Chips can be bagged and either taken away for disposal or left for owner. Kindly donated by Jackie & David Brundrett, Ashford Carbonell
8. A two course meal for 2 people and a bottle of house wine at The Mail Room Restaurant and BarLudlow. A new stylish, modern restaurant situated in the Old Post Office, Ludlow serving Mediterranean-influenced, modern cuisine, using the highest quality, locally sourced ingredients. Kindly donated by Mike and Sue Barnard, The Mail Room Restaurant and Bar, Corve Street, Ludlow.
9. Bicycle Service. Bike overhaul / service by Duncan Forsyth. Please note that the service includes labour and basic materials, such as cleaning products and lubricants. Consequently additional costs would be incurred, if components need to be replaced, such as tyres, brake blocks, chain, sprockets, etc. This would obviously be discussed with the person involved, prior to any purchases, and receipts would be provided. Kindly donated by Duncan Forsyth, Ashford Carbonell, Ludlow.
10. An organic Indian meal take-away or delivered for 2 people – 3 courses. A delicious Indian organic 3 course meal for 2 by Tahira Paul from Myriad Organics. Kindly donated by Tahira Paul, Myriad Organics, Ludlow.
11. A guided personal tour of the main collection at the National Gallery, Londonfor up to 6 people. A guided tour of the highlights of the main collection led by Janie Jones – a freelance lecturer at the Gallery, that is tailor made whatever your area of interest. Hear about the stories behind some of the world’s most famous paintings. The session will last about 1 hour 15 minutes. Kindly donated by Janie Jones, Ashford Carbonell, Ludlow.
12. A Sign A house sign or similar to the one on display made to the bidders requirements. Kindly donated by Pykefield Signs, Greete, Ludlow.
13. Small roman blind, small pair of curtains, or cushion with fabric of customers choice. Quality hand sewn roman blind, pair of curtains, or cushion with fabric of customers choice made by Shirley.
14. 1 hour Ladies Reflexology by Louise Tilt at High Meadow Farm, Ashford Carbonell. Feel less stressed and give your whole body the treatment it deserves! Reflexology is a holistic treatment of the whole body given through massage and stimulation of reflexes in the feet. Reflexology treats any ailment but cannot be given to anyone prone to blood clots. Kindly donated by Louise Tilt, High Meadow Farm, Ashford Carbonell, Ludlow.
15. 5 Star Self-catering accommodation in The Holt, The Burway, Church Stretton. Luxury accommodation at the start of the Long Mynd. Sleeps 7 plus (plus an additional double sofa bed in the living room and room for cots or Zbed. The Holt is well quipped for walkers and cyclists as well as family holidays. Combines great location, stunning views overlooking Cardingmill Valley and has premium facilities. Kindly donated byDiane Roach, Ashford Carbonell.
16. A case of Army and Navy Reserve Claret. A case of 6 bottles Army and Navy Reserve Claret from Army and Navy Club, Pall Mall. Kindly donated byKati & Dan Cooper, AshfordCarbonell.
17. Garden Hamper – The Plant Centre, Bromfield , as displayed on night. Contains 3 cyclamen (or similar), fine bone china mug, string in a tin, coloured twine, Nutscene soap, slate seed markers, Gardeners World book of 101 bold & beautiful flowers, pack of bulbs, pack of seeds, and an apple mini chalkboard. Kindly donated by The Plant Centre, Bromfield, Ludlow.
18. Painting by Jonathan Adams. An original landscape painting – oil on canvas “Above Llanthony” by Jonathan Adams, as displayed. Kindly donated by: Jonathan Adams, Ashford Carbonell, Ludlow.
19. Afternoon tea for 4 at De Greys. Experience an afternoon tea in the very best of English tradition at De Greys Tearooms a cosy and intimate atmosphere, featuring open fires and exposed beams. Broad Street, Ludlow. Kindly donated by De Greys, Broad Street, Ludlow.
20. Two Evenings Private fly-fishing. Two evenings as Dave Hasbury’s guest at pools at Netherwood Estate, Stoke Bliss, Tenbury Wells for next season. Own equipment required. Kindly donated by Dave Hasbury, Brimfield.Pool Cottage, Wyson, Brimfield.
21. Tour of Palace of Westminster & tickets for Question Time in the House of Commons for four people. Philip Dunne is delighted to offer the winner of this prize a tour of the Palace of Westminster for four people and tickets for Question Time in the
House of Commons one Monday. Kindly donated by Phillip Dunne MP
22. Tai Chi classes with Susan Geuter, a senior instructor with the Tai JiQuan Dao School. Tai Chi has been used for centuries for good health well being&self defence. A month’s course on either Monday evening or Wednesday morning in Ludlow.Friendly mixed ability classes where everyone can work comfortably at their own level. Two lots on offer so you can do it with a friend! Kindly donated by Susan Geuter, Ludlow.
23. Tai Chi a months course. As Above
24. Course for wine tasting up to 10 people at Majestic or in own home. The tasting for up to 10 people at the Ludlow store, or at a venue or home within a 8 mile radius of the store. The event can be conducted as an introduction to wine for those wanting a informal way to start learning about wine, or for those wanting something at a slightly higher level, a course that looks at comparisons between old world and new world wine styles.
The course may be redeemed from January through to the end of April, at a time and date convenient to the store and the winning party, and could be conducted on a week night or on a Sunday afternoon. Kindly donated by Majestic Wine, Bromfield Road, Ludlow.
25. A meal for 2 FishmoreHall from their À la carte menu. Dinner for 2 at Fishmore Hall, Ludlow from their 3 course À la carte menu. Fishmore Hall is a privately owned boutique country house hotel with fine Georgian proportions set on a hill overlooking Ludlow with panoramic views. Its exceptional restaurant makes the best of locally sourced products and ingredients. Kindly donated by Fishmore Hall, Ludlow.
26. A day in the dairy for one person at The Ludlow Food Centre, Bromfield. Come and experience cheese and butter making with Ludlow Food Centre’s Dairy duo. Dudley Martin and Paul Bedford will explain how they make cheese using milk from the Centre’s cows and you will get the chance to make your own butter. Kindly donated byLudlow Food Centre Limited, Bromfield, Ludlow.
27.Traceys events stationary Invitations or stationary similar to the one on display made to the bidders requirements. Kindly donated Tracey Stone, Ashford Carbonell.
28. 3 x nights B & B at the Flying Swans, Salcombe, Devon. Flying Swans is the home of Joan and David Parkes situated in the picturesque hamlet of Batson at the head of Batson Creek, a small waterway off the main Salcombe estuary. Idyllic position for a quiet relaxing holiday.Kindly donated byJoan and David Parkes, Flying Swans, Lower Batson, Salcombe, South Devon, TQ8 8NP.
29. A Traditional Tea Party at Tinkers Hill.Invite our friends (up to a total of 8) to come and have afternoon tea at Tinkers Hill. What about celebrating a Birthday? Scones, cake and other goodies will be baked especially for you along with unlimited cups of tea. Date to be sorted out for the first half of 2013. Kindly donated by Lucy Treasure.
30. One week in an apartment in Les Arcs (a French ski resort) for up to 4 people + 2 children in winter or summer 1 week, during either the ski or summer season 2013 at an apartment in Les Arcs 1800, Haute Savoie. Sleeps 4 in open plan comfort + 2 bunk beds (suitable only for children). Fully equipped but please provide own bed linen and towels. Extra days available at £70 (ski season) or £50 (summer) per day from owners. Dates to be mutually agreed but not February Half Term or the 2 weeks from Easter Monday. Kindly donated by Ann Lansdell, Ludlow.
31. A days golfing with an experienced golfer at Knighton golf course. A round of golf at Kington Golf Club Hereford for a golfer with a lady member – Pauline Betteridge.A weekday to be mutually agreed. Kindly donated by Pauline Betteridge.
32. Three months membership at Teme Leisure. This entitles you to unlimited use of fitness suite at all centres. Unlimited use of exercise classes at all centres. Unlimited use of swimming at relevant centres. Free fitness induction at all centres. Unlimited use of sauna al TemeSpArc. Kindly donated by Teme Leisure, Ludlow.
33. Carpet Cleaning by CC Cleaning. One domestic carpet cleaned in average sized room, no more than 14ft x14. To value of £40. Kindly donated by CC Cleaning, Craven Arms.
34. Broad Bean Hamper A Hamper of quality produce from Broad Bean, Ludlow’s Premier Food Boutique
It will contain samples of our tea, coffee, fruit, nuts and treats, and some local produce. Kindly donated by Broad Bean, Broad Street, Ludlow.
35. Ludlow Brewery tour and tasting for 6 people On an agreed Saturday (11am or 2pm) a brewery tour with a beer sampling for up to 6 people. The tour will take about an hour & you are welcome to stay on for further refreshment if you wish!
Kindly donated by Ludlow Brewery, The Railway Shed, Station Drive, Ludlow.
36. Andymen to clean your windows. £100s worth of window cleaning over the next year. Customer sets up arrangement with him to suit both parties. Kindly donated by Andymen
37. 2 hanging baskets 2 hanging baskets from Ludlow Landscaping , Bromfield, as displayed. Kindly donated by Ludlow Landscaping , Bromfield.
38. Indian Head Massage at Ludlow Clinic, Mill Street, Ludlow A traditional treatment with relives tension and stress with massage of the shoulders, neck, scalp & face. Aiding sleep and helping to relive mental and physical tiredness. Kindly donated by Emma Cawte, Ludlow Clinic, Mill Street, Ludlow.
39. Barrow of Booze A barrow loaded with booze for every occasion and a barrow to boot! As displayed. Booze kindly donated by the village of Ashford Carbonell& more… Barrow kindly donated byOverton Garage, Ludlow
40. Jane Lloyd personal chef service in your own home. Jane Lloyd offers a personal chef service to come to your own home and cook a lunch or dinner for up to 8 guests. Does not include ingredients or waitress service. Bookings from January 2013.
41. Your Special Occasion recorded on DVD by John Johnson. One hour of any occasion – anniversary, birthday, baptism, first riding lesson, etc including editing and burning to printed DVD with personal DVD case. Must be within 10 mile radius of Ashford Carbonell (unless previously queried) Sunday or weekday providing your date is available. Saturdays are kept open for weddings. Kindly donated by John Johnson, Wedding Memories Videos, Ashford Carbonell.
42. A big sack of kindling dry and ready to use. Kindly donated by Edward Mellings, Ashford Carbonell
1. A day’s fishing for 2 people A days fishing for 2 at Froggat’s pools, Ashford Carbonell, Ludlow. Kindly donated by Tim & Sally Froggart, Froggat’s pools, Ashford Carbonell, Ludlow.
2. A Christmas Cake – Sally Loach A luxurious locally baked Christmas Cake by Sally Loach of “For the Love of Food” as displayed. Kindly donated by Sally Loach, For the Love of Food, Leominster.
3. Family Ticket for Mickey Millers Family Play Barn. Entry into Mickey Millers Family Play Barn, Craven Arms for 4 people to play all day, fantastic fun for all the family. Kindly donated by Mickey Millers Family Play Barn, Craven Arms.
4. Personalised Hoodie A quality children’s hoodie from 3 – 11 years in a range of colours, personalised with your own wording / design (an example on display). Kindly donated by Tracey Stone, Ashford Carbonell, Ludlow.
6. Your favourite photos enlarged to photo quality A2 prints 2 x A2 colour prints from your digital files (min 4200 x 3200px) Kindly donated by Grahame Taylor, Ashford Carbonell.
7. Cinema Tickets for Ludlow Assembly Rooms 2 x 2 complimentary cinema vouchers for 1 child and 1 adult. Kindly donated by Ludlow Assembly Rooms, Mill Street, Ludlow.
8. Tickets for 4 to watch cheese making at Monkland Cheese Dairy, Herefordshire To observing cheese making at Monkland Cheese Dairy, the home of The Mouse Trap, Ludlow.Also to include some cheese tasting. Kindly donated by Karen & Mark Hindle, Monkland Cheese Dairy, The Pleck, Monkland.
9. Two course lunch with bottle of wine at The Garden Café, Burford House A two course lunch for two people with bottle of wine at The Garden Café, Burford House, Tenbury Wells. Kindly donated by The Garden Store, Burford, Tenbury Wells.
10. 2 hours Computer IT training / advice by Laurence Tilt. Laurence will provide 2 hours on the following: General PC maintenance and house keeping, Microsoft Office Suite, internet security, safety on the net, mobile devices. Kindly donated by Laurance Tilt, Richards Castle.
11. Theatre and Arts Group £50 Voucher – Ludtag. A voucher from Ludtag to go to a concert or to the theatre. Kindly donated by Bronwen Coldwell, Ashford Carbonell.
A Pamper Hamper A hamper full goodies and treats to pamper yourself.
Orvis Ladies waistcoat. Beautiful Orvis Ladies quilted waistcoat. Colour sage Green, size small – as displayed. Kindly donated by Orvis, High Street, Ludlow.
Voucher for Angel Hair Studio. A £40 voucher from salon director Amanda Lockerman of Angel Hair Studio, Broad Street, Ludlow for a luxurious hair experience. Kindly donated by Amanda Lockerman of Angel Hair Studio, Broad Street, Ludlow.
1st class Malt Whiskey from the Bladnoch Distillery, the most southerly Distillery in Scotland. Kindly donated by IshbellYellowley
Voucher from Ludtag – Bronwen Coldwell. A £50 voucher for Ludtag to go to a concert or to the theatre. Kindly donated by BronwenColdwell, Ashford Carbonell.
Mystery lot (Lottery ticket for the following Saturday night)
Craft Hamper – Wool shop. Get crafty with this craft hamper – all you need to find your own creative talents. Kindly donated by Wool Shop, Ludlow
£25 Voucher for Pizza Take away or Delivery from Pizza DiannTenbury. Kindly donated by Diann Dowell, Pizza Diann, Teme Street, Tenbury Wells
and possible more!